Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Yearly Totals

Here are my yearly training totals. 

This first graph shows the hour comparisons for the past three years.  Swimming and strength training went up a bit, while running, biking increased a lot.  Most of my biking is done inside on the trainer, and most of my running is done outside.



This second graph is similar to the first, but it shows mile comparisons.  I don't care about my trainer miles, because the numbers are silly business. Garmin has me at about 1200 miles for trainer and bike miles combined last year.



The next graph shows how my time was split for 2016. This is skewed a little towards running do to the October marathon, but I probably do need to spend more time on the bike this year.



My average swim times went up in the pool this year and down in the open water.  Last year my pool average was 2:08 per 100 yards and my open water average was 1:43 per 100 yards.  I'm sure some of the pool improvement is due to swimming in jammers as opposed to swim trunks, but a little bit of that is probably genuine improvement. The slower open water times are due to the slow swims at the 70.3 races.

Liberty:  1:55 per 100 yards
Toughman:  2:03 per 100 yards (no wetsuit)

Both swims were disappointing, but near the field average.




The biking breakdown is only for hours as stated previously. Most of the YMCA stationary bike hours took place after triathlon season when I was marathon training.  My road average went up to 17.7 mph. In 2014 it was 16.3 mph, and in 2015 it was 17.2 mph.




This graph is kinda fun.  It turns out (completely unplanned) that my long run mileage is nearly identical to my sort run mileage for outside runs.  My overall average pace took a big hit.  The previous two years I averaged around 9:40 per mile, but the overall this year was about 10:20 per mile.  I trained a lot for long, slow runs runs this year, so the drop makes sense. Still a downer.




No comments:

Post a Comment